With a strong voice and an even stronger heart, Dolly Parton is the queen of country music and a beloved icon of American culture. Whether you’re a die-hard fan or a casual music lover, you won’t want to miss this legendary singer, who gave us classics like Jolene and 9 to 5.
Parton has swooned millions of hearts with her charismatic smiles, photogenic face, and eccentric rhinestone-studded outfits, which have a fanbase of their own! So, hold back as we unravel some interesting facts about Parton’s life, vital stats, style sense, and more!
- Singing icon Dolly Parton is 5 ft or 1.52 m tall, and she graciously boasts her busty figure at a weight of around 121 pounds (55 kg).
- Dolly Parton has got radiant green eyes and wears her signature blonde hair in a curly hairstyle.
- Parton sports several pastel tattoos on her hands, which aren’t quite visible because of her unique long-sleeve dresses.
Dolly Parton’s Personal Information
- Full Born Name: Dolly Rebecca Parton
- Nick Names: The Queen of Nashville, The Queen of Country Music, Leading Lady of Country, The Iron Butterfly, The Backwoods Barbie, The Book Lady
- Profession: Singer, Songwriter, Actress, Author, Record Producer, Businesswoman
- Date of Birth: 19 January 1946
- Birthplace: Sevierville, Tennessee
- Zodiac Sign: Capricorn
- Religion: Christianity
- Father: Robert Lee Parton
- Mother: Avie Lee Owens
- Siblings: Willadeene Parton, Coy Denver Parton, David Parton, Stella Parton, Cassie Parton, Randy Parton, Bobby Parton, Freida Parton, Larry Parton, Floyd Parton, Rachel Parton
- Spouse: Carl Thomas Dean
How Tall is Dolly Parton?
Jolene singer Dolly Parton stands 5 ft or 1.52 m tall, looking absolutely stunning on every stage she adorns. Her petite stature is highly complemented by her soulful vocals and grand persona!
How Much Does Dolly Parton Weigh?
Dolly Parton takes pride in her graceful busty figure and maintains her weight at around 121 pounds (55 kg), which is just spectacular looking at Dolly’s age!
Dolly Parton’s Body Measurements and Ample Bosom
If confidence was a person, it’d be called Dolly Parton. And the proof is the way Parton carries her curvaceous figure, which has rough body measurements of 41-25-38 inches or 104-64-97 cm.
Parton’s eccentric and show-stopping attire never fails to bring her to the spotlight every time she stands tall on that stage, all thanks to her fuller bosom. Parton’s breast size appears to be 41 inches, and her bra size could be 36DD.
What Are Dolly Parton’s Hobbies and Interests?
Dolly Parton has been living with high spirits, spending time on things she loves to do. As a musician, Parton absolutely loves playing her favorite instrument, the guitar.
She also enjoys reading in her spare time. Another hobby that the icon nurtures regularly is cooking. Yes, Dolly loves cooking, especially baking, and she even shares her recipes and interactive cooking videos on her social media!
Stepping outdoors, Parton becomes a bold, adventurous soul. During her prime, the eleven-time Grammy winner was really fond of horseback riding. And we’re sure she still makes time for it!
- Height: 5 ft or 1.52 m
- Weight: 121 pounds (55 kg)
- Face Shape: Square
- Breast Size: 41 inches
- Bra size: 36DD
- Cup size: DD
- Body measurements: 41-25-38 inches or 104-64-97 cm
- Body shape: Hourglass
- Dress Size: 2 (US) or 32 (EU) or 4 (UK)
- Shoe Size: 5.5 (US) or 36.5 (EU) or 3.5 (UK)
- Eye Color: Green
- Hair Color: Blonde
Dolly Parton’s Unique Fashion and Styling Sense
There’s no doubt that Parton’s style sense is as stellar as her singing is! Whether her glamorous glittery jumpsuits or her vibrant jackets and gowns, the 9 to 5 singer’s extravagant dressing sense becomes the highlight of any show!
Unique Style Preferences of Parton
Gen X, Millennials, or Gen Z, we’ve all admired the 9 to 5 actress’s highly eccentric style statement. From her peppy bodycon dresses, jeweled jackets, and deep-neck jumpsuits to her skin-colored gloves and long-sleeved attire, every piece of Parton’s fashion is a sight to behold.
Another highlight of Parton’s unique fashion sense is her choice of colors. She mostly dons sprightly and bold colors like black, hot pink, red, yellow, and white. But what if Dolly couldn’t decide on a single color?
Well, then we see Parton stealing the limelight with her unique “Dolly Parton’s Coat of Many Colors,” which premiered at the Egyptian Theatre in Hollywood in 2015.
Dolly Parton’s Hairstyle Evolution
One thing about Parton that grabs the audience’s attention in just seconds is her iconic poofy blonde hair. Since her start, Parton has been sporting light hair in stylish BIG hairstyles like whipped cream curls, short thick curls, and more!
In her 70s, Parton wears her light blonde hair in her signature long shaggy haircut with side-swept bangs. And she looks just as classy as she did with her heavy, big ringlets in the 1970s.
Confident about her choices, Parton is open about wearing blonde wigs to keep up her signature look without ruining her natural hair by dying them regularly. But wigs or no wigs, she looks as magical as ever!
Dolly Parton’s Signature Look
One thing is for sure; Dolly has quite a flashy fashion taste. Skimming through her iconic looks over the years, we can see that the singer prefers to step onto the stage in skin-tight pants and sparkly jackets, moving all around!
Another critical element of Parton’s signature look is her gloves. That’s right! Dolly’s gloves have always been a point of discussion among netizens. The singer actually prefers wearing gloves to hide the scars caused by keloid scar tissue and the pastel tattoos she got!
Parton’s Iconic Red Carpet Looks
Dolly’s red carpet looks always make it to the headlines! Be it her ravishing and bold all-black dress from the red carpet of the 2016 MovieGuide Awards or a heavenly full-neck white and golden dress at the MusiCares 2019 red carpet, Parton looks breathtaking.
And it’s nothing new, as millennials would agree how sensational Parton looked during the red carpet events during the 80s and 90s. There’s never been a dull moment looking at Dolly!
Dolly Parton’s Career Highlights
- Parton started her journey with radio and writing songs for other artists. In 1965 she started her solo career with Monument Records, releasing her first album, Hello, I’m Dolly.
- A few years later, Parton released her second album Jolene in 1974, giving us unforgettable songs, including the all-time favorites Jolene, I Will Always Love you, and more!
- In 1980 came Dolly’s film debut in the feature film 9 to 5, the theme track of which won her an Oscar nomination for Best Original Song and her first Grammy.
- Seven years later, Parton became a member of the Grand Ole Opry.
- Parton kept soaring high with the success of her albums Eagle When She Flies, The Grass Is Blue, Pure & Simple, and others.
- Dolly’s iconic songs are featured in her Netflix series Dolly Parton’s Heartstrings, released in 2019.
- In 2020, Parton appeared in the Netflix musical film Dolly Parton’s Christmas on the Square, winning her first Primetime Emmy Award.
How Much Is Dolly Parton’s Net Worth?
Dolly Parton’s fame and eleven shiny Grammy Awards speak enough about her success! With an exemplary music and acting journey spanning over five decades, during which she dropped hit after hit, Dolly Parton’s staggering net worth of around $650 million must be no surprise. She’s an art in herself!
Parton’s Entrepreneurial Ventures
Dolly Parton is not just a force in the music industry but also in the real estate business, which doubles her income and overall net worth!
A part of Parton’s fortune is thanks to the co-ownership of the themed entertainment organization, The Dollywood Company. It runs the theme park Dollywood, the dinner theater The Dolly Parton Stampede, and the water park Splash Country, all co-owned by her.
For a good cause, Dolly has also established charitable organizations like Dollywood Foundation, working for education and economic betterment in East Tennessee. It’s Dolly’s tribute to the place that raised her!
Apart from this, Parton also has a fragrance line called Dolly, which became a major hit among all the ladies. She has also launched other beauty products with the same name, too!
What is Dolly Parton’s Face Shape?
Dolly Parton has a highly expressive square-shaped face with sharp features.
How Old Is Dolly Parton?
Dolly Parton is thriving at the age of 77, and she was born on 19 January 1946 under the star Capricorn.
What Color Eyes Does Dolly Parton Have?
Dolly Parton’s mesmerizing eyes are a lovely shade of green.
What is Dolly Parton’s Hair Color?
Parton is famous for the puffy blonde hair she’s sported for most of her career timeline.
Does Dolly Parton Wear Wigs?
Yes, Parton wears blonde wigs to maintain her signature blonde bombshell look without harming her real hair.
Who is Dolly Parton’s Husband?
Dolly Parton’s husband is former asphalt contractor Carl Thomas Dean, with whom she’s been living a contented 50-year-long married life since 1966.
Is Dolly Parton Related to Miley Cyrus?
Yes, Dolly Parton is the godmother of singing sensation Miley Cyrus.
Where is Dolly Parton From?
9 to 5 singer Dolly Parton hails from Sevierville, Tennessee, United States.
Dolly Parton’s journey, charismatic personality, and eccentric fashion have spellbound millions of people around the globe. With endless fame and success, she truly is one of the most iconic singing sensations of all time!